Thursday, June 30, 2011

Long Weekend Trip

This past Monday was a holiday (for what I'm really not sure) so my family and I took advantage of the long weekend and went to stay in Lican Ray, in the house owned by my host-dad's brother. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. Lican Ray is a really small town on a lake (like so many other places I've been to in this area of Chile), the kind of town that's poppin' during the summer but nearly deserted at this time of year. One of the highlights was all the volcano ash. Not a single bit of ash has fallen here in La UniĆ³n, but there was a thin layer covering Lican Ray and many of the surrounding towns. It was most noticeable on the beach and on plants and trees. Turns out I may be allergic to volcano ash, it made me sneeze a lot and my chest felt heavier.

On our way back on Monday we drove to Huilo-Huilo, a national park. Yet another beautiful spot with a waterfall. There are so many beautiful lakes and parks here, I think I am getting to used to it. I will miss it when I'm gone. Speaking of when I'm gone, I only have one more week left at the school, I can't believe how fast the past 4 and a half months have flown by! A month from today I will be on a flight back to the United States. My goodness how the past 10 months have flown by!! I have a lot of mixed feelings about leaving, but mostly I am feeling ready to come back and dive right into my new life in Los Angeles. I'm looking forward to yet another fresh start. And maybe this time I will stay in one place a little longer...

Some pictures:
Huilo-Huilo

Volcano ash on the beach.

Part of the cloudiness is caused by the falling ash.



No comments:

Post a Comment