Saturday, December 11, 2010

New Plan

As is typical of me, I have once again changed my plan. Starting on Monday I am embarking upon a backpacking travel adventure around South America. While in Pucon, I met a group of guys traveling together who have met one another along the road, and I made the decision to join them as they head north. I was planning on traveling anyways and I thought, well it might be a lot more fun traveling with other people. So I decided not to rent my apartment for one more month, I bought a good backpack and a sleeping bag, and I'm getting ready to go.

Tomorrow I will go to Rengo to see my Tía Maria, then on Monday I will go to Valparaiso to meet up with my new friends. From there, the plan is loose, but is basically as follows: head to Mendoza (I wanted to check it out when things are actually open), continue up north in Argentina a bit, maybe check out some wineries, then cross back into Chile at some point. Then we will continue north up Chile maybe stopping a few places along the way until we get to San Pedro de Atacama where we will check out the salt flats, the moon valley, and all that lovely desert stuff. Then we will probably go to Bolivia to see the salt flats on that side then go up to Peru to go to Machu Pichu. After that, who knows. My plan is pretty much just to travel around until around the end of January/beginning of February when I will probably head back to this part of Chile to see family then in February I am planning to head south to volunteer at Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia. I wouldn't be surprised if my plans end up changing, but I know no matter what it's going to be pretty great. I am feeling really excited about life right now.

2 comments:

  1. Yea Yea Yea! Best decision you've made so far, it seems.
    Also I feel like I have dreams about you all the time these days. In the most recent one, my ex-boyfriend Chuck was visiting you and you guys were watching fireworks together and I was jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backpack travel I did started in apartment rental Buenos Aires and then I went to Chile, Bolivia and Paraguay. It was a fantastic trip!!!

    ReplyDelete