Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Update

It's been very cold and rainy today and yesterday which just makes me want to sleep a lot. Life at the orphanage has been good, I finally feel as if I can remember everyone's names and I would even say I have pretty much mastered the art of Peruvian cloth diapers. The rumoured new baby has yet to arrive, even though each day I hear that "today is the day." Who knows.

We have planned a trip to the beach. In the beginning of February I will be going to the coast of Peru with all the kids, Tias, and four other volunteers for 3 days. It should be a whole lot of fun, I am really looking forward to the sun and I know that the babies love water therefore absolutely love the beach.

I finally brought my camera in and allowed some of the kids to take pictures, however this computer is being slow and dumb and not allowing me to upload them, so I'm afraid I might have to wait until I am in Chile and reunited with my laptop to share any more pictures.

In other news, I have had issues with bedbugs. I think it is now resolved, my entire bed frame and matress have been changed, but for a few days I was getting destroyed with bites. It was pretty itchy and awful. On Saturday I went to a Pharmacy and they give me some pills, an antihistame I'm assuming, and they helped a lot. Here in Peru you don't always need to go to the doctor as you do in the states to get medicine. Alot of times you can just go to the Pharmacy, tell them what's wrong, and they will sell many different kinds of medicine to you by the pill. I like it this way, a lot less hassle than in the US.

I have decided to stay an extra week at the orphanage, so I have 3 more (almost just 2 and half now) weeks to go. Then I will have a little over a week to travel back to Chile before my dear friend Sue arrives to visit! I am so looking forward to seeing her.

Overall life right now is calm and peaceful, I feel quite settled, and I am enjoying the feeling.

1 comment:

  1. bed bugs, no!
    I'm glad they seem to be gone. That's something I hope to never experience.

    ReplyDelete