Monday, July 18, 2011

Last Trip


Last week I embarked upon my final big adventure in South America (in two weeks I will be back upon North American soil, eek!); with a few friends I traveled to Uruguay and Argentina, spending time in Montevideo, Colonia del Sacramento, and Buenos Aires. I loved all of it, especially Buenos Aires; I very predictably fell in love with that city. Right now it's late and I have to wake up and teach English to a group of High School kids tomorrow (which has already been more fun than I thought) but I'd like to share some pictures, since I took un montón. In my next post I will talk about the cities I visited, but here I will share some of my favorite photos I took at the Cementerio de La Recoleta in Buenos Aires.

If you know me well, you probably know that I love cemeteries. I find them to be peaceful, beautiful places, and I love how unique each one seems to be. Cemeteries always have very specific characteristics about them that are unique to that one place, that town, the people buried there, whatever. The one in Buenos Aires was huge, and quite a tourist attraction. It was filled with some of the biggest mausoleums I've ever seen as well as some really great sculptures. But, it wasn't my favorite. It lacked grass and that peaceful and tranquil vibe of cemeteries that I normally dig. Regardless, I did take several photographs, some that I actually like quite a lot, so here are some my favorites. Stay tuned for a better update about my trip...





No comments:

Post a Comment