Monday, July 4, 2011

Sorpresa!

Today my fifth and sixth graders threw me a surprise party for our last workshop together. It was out of control adorable from the way they tried to distract me (while others were setting up) by taking me on a "tour" of the gym, to how they made me walk an unreasonable distance with my eyes closed, to the way they decorated complete with their interpretations of my face drawn on the white board. It was quite impressive actually, because they organized it and set it up all on their own. Such initiative. Really, it was great. I'll let the pictures (most of them taken by students) do the talking. It wasn't exactly the way I normally celebrate the fourth of July, but I did manage to give each kid a chocolate chip cookie I baked from a pre-made mix Sarah brought me, so that was a pretty American thing to do, I feel like.

The whole gang.

Pretty.

A picture of me.







They even had a table cloth for a part of the table. They managed to set all this up in less than 15 minutes, pretty impressive.

1 comment: