Monday, February 28, 2011

Reaching the end of the road

As always, my plans the past few days ended up changing. I did not go to Cachagua as planned because I had difficulty finding a bus there, and as I met some new friends who were going to be in Valparaiso, I decided just to stay here with them. Tomorrow we will head to Santiago, then the next day Sue comes!

Each time I come back to Valpo I fall more in love with this city. I'm pretty sure if I ever decide to live in Chile for more long term, I would seriously considering moving here. I just love the vibe here, the downtown is full of people, and then as you walk up into the hills, it gets quieter, filled with street art, curving streets and almost hidden stair cases. It's just one of those places where I feel at home in.

Today we tried to go to Pablo Neruda's house in Isla Negra, but for some reason it was closed. I will have to try that another time, it's a place I definitely want to visit.

Soon my traveling days will be finished for the time being, next Monday I start my job, it's hard for me right now to imagine what that is going to be like. A part of me definitely wishes I could keep going, I love living this lifestyle, although it is quite dreamlike. But, I am also more than ready for some clean clothes and a bit more structure in my life. I suppose it is time for me to take on some responsibilites again. But, I without a doubt have been infected with the traveler's bug and will certainly return to the backpackers lifestyle again someday.

2 comments:

  1. I want to go backpacking desperately. Lets do it together someday, you can show me the way. And we can get matching backpack tattoos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of those things! I have already thought about proposing a backpacking trip to you someday. We will definitely do it.

    ReplyDelete