Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feliz Cumpleaños Sole

My mom has been talking about turning 50 for the past year, and this past Saturday it finally happened. The family got together (we were only missing a few people, most importantly my brother), we hired a DJ, and ate, drank, and danced into the early morning hours. Many people helped to make the party happen and in my opinion it was a great success. My mom was so happy, rarely have I seen her smile so big an entire night. It was a beautiful night for a family that isn't always able to get together to celebrate happy events. A lot of great memories were made that I will definitely treasure for a long time.
Here are some pictures. My mom made sure to take a picture with pretty much every person who was there, but I won't post all of them; there were A LOT of people there.

It was hard to get a good shot of the whole table, it was just so long.

A little blurry, but a good indicator of all the happy dancing that was going on.

Love.

I definitely think I look my mom, lucky me! My only regret from the night is I never actually ate a piece of cake because I was too full at the time, and then it was gone. I heard it was delicious.

My beautiful mama blowing out the candles.

Brothers and sisters.

It's been so nice spending time with my parents. They've stayed two nights in my apartment and I've enjoyed that. Today they took of for the north, wish I could have gone with them. This weekend we are taking a little trip though with my Tía Maria, so I have that to look forward to.

Side note: This morning, after teaching a class in the center of the city, I was walking past La Moneda (where the president worked) and I saw a large crowd of people gathering so I went to see what was going on. Turns out they have displayed the capsule that pulled the miners out of la Mina San Jose. It was a lot thinner than I had expected, and also a lot longer. And it looked like it had been through a lot. It was cool to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at these photos fills me with a joy. I know your parents are great, and I hope I get to meet the rest of your family someday. Tell your folks I say hi and happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete