Sunday, October 3, 2010

I am in Santiago now, tomorrow is my first day of the new job. Hopefully all goes well!
I had a very enjoyable weekend, spending time with people I like a lot. And I finally I have some more pictures to post! I feel like pictures are more interesting than just reading the words I have to write. The pictures at the end (I meant to put them first, but I am not so smart when it comes to blog formating) are of a school located out in the country in a very small town that I don't know the name of. I went there to help out with a project, which was to revamp the school's library. The group that was doing this was led by a friend of Juai's, there were about 15 people or so working; they painted the walls, put together and painted new bookshelves, reorganized everything and supplied the school with some nice new things like colorful cushions. I didn't see what it looked like before, but the nearly finished product was very nice; colorful and inviting. The students had no idea that this was going to be done, I bet they will be pleasantly surprised when they see it. I was only able to stay for about 2 hours, so I didn't contribute all that much but I sanded some wood and painted it. Overall it was a fun experience, full of friendly people and a good vibe.
After that I finally got to meet my youngest cousin, Amanda. I was very excited to meet her, she's a cutie! She was shy at first, but she warmed up to me, and as you can see, she quite enjoyed having her picture taken. All in all it was good weekend and now I'm ready to go back to work after a loooong and very enjoyable vacation (it's been 3 months! Time to get to work).

Rawwwr, a bunch of lions.

I love this one. This was after she warmed up to me.

Miss Pouty Face.

A good father and daughter shot.

Cheese! With some apple in the teeth.

Check out that apple!

Beautiful Amanda.

Busy re-organizing.

They did all of this in one day!

This school is surrounded by hills, very pretty.

The group resting after lunch.

Part of the school. I really like the color.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job!!! And that library looks like it will be beautiful. I love libraries.

    ReplyDelete