Thursday, October 21, 2010

A few different things

I am feeling a little bit sleepy with a dull headache, so I don't think this post is going to be very focused.

First, I wanted to post pictures I took this morning of the Capsula Fenix 2 which is still hanging out in front of the Moneda. Now I have some opinions about PiƱera's current media tour across Europe, but I will not share them here, the purpose of this blog is not for me to write about my political opinions. But what I will share are these pictures! As I think I said in my previous post, it was a lot thinner than I had imagined. And it looks a lot like a rocket ship in it's shape.
Here you can see the line of people waiting to get their picture taken inside of the capsule. I personally have no desire to go inside of it.

The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but you can kind of tell how narrow it is compared to the size of the woman walking by. I can't imagine what it must have been like getting in there and being pulled up through half a mile of rock after being trapped underground for more than two months. It looks (and sounds) like something out of a story book to me.

__________________________________________

I also wanted to show you the view from my balcony; I guess you can call it a balcony, although it is really only about one foot of space jutting out from my apartment. Once again I feel that these pictures don't really do it justice. But you get the idea. There are some tall buildings here, but not so many like in parts of Chicago. But of course, what I love the most, are the hills and mountains.




No comments:

Post a Comment