Monday, September 20, 2010

Fiestas Patrias

I'm not really sure how to sum up the past four days. I had a great time celebrating Chile's birthday. I went out three nights in a row with cousins, slept very little but I didn't mind, ate and drank a lot of delicious things, experienced la fonda in two towns, saw a parade, fireworks, danced la cueca (even though I didn't actually know what I was doing), had a lot of great conversations, and made lots of wonderful memories with my family. I think the best thing to do is post pictures. I have A LOT of pictures. I will probably continue to post more the next few days.
CHI CHI CHI! LE LE LE!

Beautiful view of la Quinta.

Quinta de Tilcoco's youngest cueca champions.

Getting ready to dance.

Enjoying the dancing.

Dancing la cueca.

Music at la fonda in la Quinta.

Lilita and I at la fonda in Quinta de Tilcoco.

Fuerza mineros. Rengo

Felipe having a great time.

La Fonda in Rengo. We stayed until about 4:30 in the morning.

Tia Julia making bread, I ate at least three pieces of it, delicious.

Tio Memo

2 comments:

  1. I love love love all these things.
    I will write you an email soon, just been busy at work (and not having nearly as much fun as you are...)

    ReplyDelete