Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shakes

Two updates:
1. I've finally had to give in to being sick. Not sure if it's the traveler's curse I'm facing, or maybe it was something I ate, but last night I spent a large portion of my time in the bathroom. I've also had a fever come and go. I'm still not feeling great and I can't really eat anything. So my plan for the day is just to rest.
2. I just felt my first earthquake since being here. It's wasn't super strong but I definitely felt it and what was weirder was seeing things move around. I was lying down just looking at my bottle of water thinking about pouring more into my glass when it started shaking quite a bit. It was brief, I came out of my room and my Tia and I stood in the hallway when we felt some movement again, briefly. Apparently the epicenter was in the region I live in and they are saying now that the magnitude was about 5.3. CNN Chile tells me that in Rancagua (the nearest city, about half an hour a way) it was a 5 on the Richter scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment