Friday, September 3, 2010

riding the wave

Things are moving along quickly here. Faster than I can update on here. But what I can say is that I feel like I have dove right in and I'm following the current.
I don't think I can adequately describe how nice people are here. Chileans are, as one would say in Spanish, bien amoroso. Everyone is affectionate with one another, even the first time you meet someone, they kiss you on the cheek. I feel so comfortable even though I can't fully communicate yet, I feel like I can just relax and be myself. My family has been nothing short of incredible, everyone is so loving and so willing to bend over backwards to help me in any way possible.
I will try to update more later with more concrete descriptions, but now I am going to go see some performance of la cueca (Chile's national dance).

No comments:

Post a Comment