Thursday, September 16, 2010

So begins the celebration!





I am ready to celebrate Chile's 200th birthday because now, it's official. Soy Chilena.


This morning I went to see my cousin Felipe dance la cueca at his school. He danced really well! Even though he was definitely embarressed, as most 9 year old boys would be. I tried my best to take pictures, and I tried to crop out some of the heads that got in the way.



I am definitely looking forward to this weekend, I am sure it will be a lot of fun. It is very special to me that I am here to celebrate Chile's bicentennial, a country that I am now a citizen of. I just know that my abuelito is smiling down at me right now, how happy he would be that his gringa granddaughter is now in Chile, learning, living, loving, and celebrating; as a Chilean.




No comments:

Post a Comment